Use the Instant Pot to pressure cook some chicken with delicious flavors. While the chicken cooks, prep some toppings to put into tacos with the shredded chicken meat. You’ll have a delicious taco dinner lickety split!
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock (or water)
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup salsa
- Measure the chicken broth into the Instant Pot.
- Add the chicken breasts and thighs in a single layer.
- Season the chicken with the chili powder, cumin, salt, and garlic powder.
- Pour the salsa over the chicken.
- Put the lid on the pot and set the valve to Sealing. Set the Instant Pot to pressure cook on high for 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes of pressure cooking is over, leave it alone for 10 minutes (this is a natural release of pressure). After the 10 minutes, turn the valve to Venting to release any remaining steam. Remove the lid.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Use tongs to remove the chicken from the pot, leaving behind excess liquid.