Chicken shawarma is juicy with delightful seasonings. Learn how to make it in your Instant Pot.
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of cloves
- 4 bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
- ¾ cup water or chicken stock
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 4 pita breads
- ½ cup hummus, tzatziki, or Greek yogurt
- In a small bowl combine the cumin, cinnamon, salt, cayenne, and cloves.
- Rub all over the outside of the chicken thighs.
- Into the Instant Pot measure the water or stock, lemon juice, and olive oil. Stir.
- Add the chicken thighs in a single layer. The liquid should not cover the thighs fully.
- Set the pressure cooker to pressure cook on high for 13 minutes.
- Once the pressure cooker has heated up and then run for 13 minutes, allow pressure to release naturally for 2 minutes and then turn valve to vent.
- Remove chicken from Instant Pot. Use two forks to shred meat. Discard any skin or bones.
- Serve chicken with sliced cucumber, red onion, pita bread, and sauce of your choice.