Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup has all of hearty flavors of the old-fashioned classic in the fraction of the time.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, or 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs, boneless, skinless (about 8 thighs)
- 2 and ½ cups egg noodles, dry
- 1 cup kale, thick stems removed and torn into bite size pieces (baby spinach can be substituted)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Add oil to the inner pot and select Sauté to preheat.
- When the indicator says HOT, add the onion and cook until softened, about 3 -4 minutes.
- Add the carrots and celery and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and thyme, cooking until garlic becomes fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the bay leaves, broth, and chicken thighs. Stir to combine.
- Close and lock the lid. Make sure the steam release handle is in the sealed position.
- Select the SOUP function (or MANUAL) on high pressure and set 6 minutes cooking time.
- When time is up, allow the steam to naturally release. When the valve has dropped, unlock the lid and open carefully.
- Remove the chicken thighs and shred with two forks.
- Add the noodles to the Instant Pot and set to Sauté. Boil until the noodles are al dente, about 6 minutes.
- Switch to Warm, add the shredded chicken and kale (or spinach if substituting) and heat until greens are just wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.