The Instant Pot has become an indispensable tool to get meals on the table with ease and speed. But it can also be used to prepare ingredients like butternut squash for soups, salads or purees with the same ease and speed.
- 1 (3-lb.) butternut squash, washed and patted dry
- 1 cup water
- Put the trivet in the inner pot of the Instant Pot and add the water.
- After piercing a few times with a sharp knife, place the butternut squash on its side on top of the trivet.
- Close and lock the lid. Make sure the steam release handle is in the sealed position.
- Select Pressure Cook and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Turn the steam release handle to the venting position and allow steam to escape.
- When the valve drops, unlock the lid and open carefully.
- Allow the butternut squash to cool until you can handle it easily.
- Remove from the Instant Pot. Remove the skin. It should slip off easily.
- Slice the squash in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and cut into cubes.