This Instant Pot Broccoli and Cheese Soup is creamy, loaded with veggies, and ready in minutes thanks to the Instant Pot. Serve it with a crusty loaf of bread and a green salad for an easy weeknight meal.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken stock
- 16 oz. bag frozen broccoli
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 and ½ cups milk
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Select Sauté to pre-heat the inner pot of your Instant Pot.
- Add the oil, garlic, onions, and carrots and cook until the onions are translucent, about 3 – 5 minutes. Season with the salt.
- Add the stock and broccoli, stir gently to combine.
- Close and lock the lid. Make sure the steam release handle is in the sealed position.
- Select Pressure Cook and set the time for 0 (zero) minutes of pressure cooking time. The pressurization of the Instant Pot cooks the vegetables through.
- While the Instant Pot is pressurizing, measure the flour into a large mason jar and add the milk. Screw on the lid and shake it until the flour is mixed well into the milk. Set aside.
- When time is up, turn the steam release handle to the venting position and allow steam to escape. When the valve has dropped, unlock the lid and open carefully.
- Select Sauté. Re-shake the flour mixture to make sure it is still well mixed and add, bring to a simmer and stir until thickened.
- Press Cancel and remove the inner pot from the Instant Pot with pot holders. Add the cheese and stir until melted.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!
- If using fresh broccoli, set the time to 2 minutes, allow the pressure to release naturally for 3 minutes, then turn the steam release handle to the venting position to release any remaining steam. Proceed from step 6.