Butternut squash is super-easy to cook if you know this simple technique.
- 1 whole butternut squash
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 13″x 11″ pan with aluminum foil.
- Put the squash in the pan. Poke it in 5-6 places with a sharp knife.
- Roast until a knife or skewer goes in easily, 60-80 minutes. It will be a mottled brown and a bit shriveled on the outside.
- Cut it in half lengthwise.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and stringy flesh surrounding them. Discard.
- Peel off the peel and then use the remaining flesh.