This Pork Rub Seasoning is a perfect blend of sweet and savory with plenty of room to customize to your taste.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
For a deeper, richer flavor add
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
For a little more spice add
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper OR
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes OR
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle powder
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, paprika, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder stirring to combine completely.
- If you like a blend that is a little has a richer, deeper flavor, add the chili powder and cumin.
- For something with a little more kick, add cayenne OR red pepper flakes OR chipotle power.
- For a richer, deeper, spicier blend, add the chili powder, garlic powder, cayenne OR red pepper flakes OR chipotle powder.
- Transfer to an air tight container like a mason jar and store in a cool place.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!