Fresh cranberry sauce is so simple to make. Just leave fresh cranberries and orange zest on the stove for about 15 minutes, and there you go. Look who’s winning at Thanksgiving.
- 2 mandarin oranges
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 (12-oz.) bag fresh cranberries
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated ginger (or 1/4 tsp. ground ginger)
- Zest one orange and set zest aside for a minute. Juice both oranges, it should give you about ¼ cup of juice. In a pot over medium heat, mix sugar and juice. Add cranberries, ginger, and the orange zest.
- Bring mixture to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir occasionally. Cook until berries pop and are mushed into the mixture, about 15 minutes.
- Stir, let cool to room temperature. Chill before serving.