Grilled Peach and Watermelon Kebabs
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Thanks for supporting COOKtheSTORY!
These Grilled Peach and Watermelon Kebabs are a simple summer dessert. The Vanilla-Lime Syrup is amazing and can also be drizzled over cake or ice cream.
Did you know that watermelon is immune to the bacteria and viruses that spread foodborne illnesses? This is because the flesh that you eat is fully sealed inside of the rind. But, and this is a big but (a BUT!), you have to wash the watermelon before you cut it. You see, bacteria can live on the outer rind. If you don’t wash that rind and before cutting, you end up dragging bacteria from the rind right through the watermelon.*
Don’t do that.
Wash the watermelon before you cut it. This is true of all hard-skinned fruits and vegetables, like squash (and no, watermelon is not a squash, even if they do seem kinda similar).
Then bite in and let it drip all over your face. Yum!
I love watermelon!
But I don’t love grilled watermelon. And yet, here I am sharing a grilled watermelon recipe with you today. Why? A reader emailed me and asked me to come up with a recipe that uses grilled watermelon. She loves grilled watermelon and wanted to learn about ways that she could use it.
But I didn’t like it. Not in a salad, and not on dessert.
But I do want to keep you guys happy, especially those of you who email me questions. And so I decided to share my favorite of the grilled watermelon recipes that I tried out. I think I like this one because I like grilled peach so much. And the vanilla lime syrup is really tasty too.
If you, like me, don’t like grilled watermelon, feel free to just use peaches or to put some pineapple or other fruit that you do like grilled onto the kebabs. It’ll work.
If you’ve never had grilled watermelon before, try this. It was my favorite of the attempts I made and you might like it.
If you’re looking for more delicious ways to use grilled fruit, then be sure to also check out my grilled peach salad recipe.
And now, here’s my grilled peach and watermelon kebabs recipe:
Grilled Peach and Watermelon Kebabs
These Grilled Peach and Watermelon Kebabs are a simple summer dessert. The Vanilla-Lime Syrup is amazing on fruit or cake or ice cream.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- a pinch of salt
- 1-3/4" slice of watermelon
- 1 peach
- Put 4-6inch wooden skewers in a large bowl full of water. Preheat grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat.
- Measure the honey into a small microwave-safe bowl. Warm it in the microwave until it's thinned and easier to stir, 10-15 seconds. Stir in the lime juice, vanilla and salt. Set aside.
- Cut the watermelon into 8 wedges. Pit the peach and cut it into 8 wedges.
- Thread a watermelon wedge onto a soaked skewer. Add a wedge of peach and then another wedge of watermelon and then another wedge of peach. Repeat with the other 3 skewers.
- Grill the skewers just until grill marks appear on the fruit, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and drizzle with the vanilla-lime syrup.
16 Responses to “Grilled Peach and Watermelon Kebabs”
- TOP 10 Grilled Fruits and Vegetables Recipes
- A Frozen Watermelon-White Wine Dessert Recipe
- 4th of July Means…. WATERMELON! | Goodness Greeness
- 25+ Magnificent Melon Recipes - A Family Feast
- 31 Fantastic Foods You Can Eat with a Toothpick | The Weary Chef
- 50+ Best Watermelon Recipes
- Meatless Monday, Grilled: Part 2 (DESSERTS!) | Kitchology, Inc
- Vegan Memorial Day Recipes
- 15 Refreshing Watermelon Recipes - Southern Girl Ramblings
- Salad with Grilled Peaches and Feta