Grilled Chicken Kebobs with lemon marinated chicken and tender, colorful vegetables make the perfect sit-on-the-deck summer meal.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 small white or yellow onions quartered, about 4 ounces each
- In a medium bowl combine the oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken to a medium bowl and pour 1/3 of the marinade over. Stir to coat.
- Combine the bell peppers and onions in another medium bowl. Pour another 1/3 of the marinade over the vegetables and stir to coat.
- Reserve the last third of the marinade to baste the kebobs during grilling.
- Allow the chicken and vegetables to marinate for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken and vegetables are marinating, place the wooden skewers in enough water to completely cover them and allow to soak for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking and heat to medium-high heat. For charcoal grilling, fill a chimney starter with charcoal and light. Once the coals are ready, pour them evenly over the charcoal grate. Set the cooking grate over the coals. For a gas grill, set the burners to medium-high heat. Preheat for 5 minutes. Clean and oil the cooking grate once the grill has preheated.
- Thread the chicken and vegetables, alternating, on the skewers.
- Place the kebobs on the grill and cook until chicken and vegetables are nicely browned and the chicken is cooked through, about 13 – 15 minutes. Basting the kebobs with the reserved marinade every 5 minutes and turning them half way through the cooking time.