Here’s how to make great Grilled Chicken Drumsticks every time!
- 12 chicken drumsticks (about 3 lbs.)
- 1 and ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. pepper
- ¾ tsp. garlic powder
- About ½ cup barbecue sauce (optional)
- Prepare a grill to medium heat, with areas for direct and indirect cooking, and lightly oil the grate.
- Sprinkle the chicken on all sides with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cook over indirect heat with the lid closed to an internal temperature of 165°F, 30 to 40 minutes. While you’re cooking, check the grill every 10 minutes or so and adjust the heat as needed to maintain an “oven” temperature of about 325°F.
- Brush the chicken with the barbecue sauce, if using.
- Move the chicken to direct heat and cook until it has nice grill marks, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Brush on more barbecue sauce halfway if desired.