This green pea soup recipe is ready in under 15 minutes. It’s thick and flavorful with freshness from basil and lemon and richness from olive oil and Parmesan cheese.
- 32 oz. frozen peas (still frozen)
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 20 basil leaves, divided
- 1 green onion, root end trimmed off
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- Add the frozen peas, broth, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, dijon mustard, salt, 4 of the basil leaves, and the green onion to a large pot set over high heat. Bring it to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Transfer half of the mixture to a blender or food processor and puree. Pour it into a big bowl and then puree the rest. Add it to the big bowl and stir.
- Ladle into soup bowls. Top each serving with 4 basil leaves, 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese, and a teaspoon or two of olive oil.
- Put lemon wedges out for people to squeeze into their soup if they’d like to.