Infused with classic flavors of the Mediterranean, this Greek Chicken Breast recipe is quick to pull together on a hectic weeknight or as a special dish for the weekend.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Zest from one lemon
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 lemon sliced into ½-inch slices
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- Remove chicken from the package and pat dry. Place in a gallon-sized freezer bag.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine olive oil, fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, oregano, thyme, salt, garlic, pepper, and cinnamon.
- Pour the marinade over chicken in the freezer bag. Seal the bag, turning it over to make sure that the marinade is distributed around the chicken.
- Place in the refrigerator and marinate the chicken for a minimum of 30 minutes or as long as 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the baking sheet. Arrange lemon slices between the chicken breasts. Roast for 25 minutes, or until an instant read thermometer registers 165˚F.
- Sprinkle feta cheese over the chicken and serve with roasted lemon slices.