Thick, creamy, cheesy, and indulgent, this is everything you love about Fettuccine Alfredo.
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 oz. grated Parmesan cheese (about ½ cup), plus more for serving
- 1 oz. grated Pecorino cheese (about ½ cup)
- ¼ – ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ – ¾ tsp. pepper
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg (optional)
- 12 oz. uncooked fettuccine
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in the flour. Slowly whisk in the milk and cream. Bring to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and add the cheeses, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper, and the nutmeg (if using). Stir until smooth, then cover and set aside.
- Cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Drain, then transfer the pasta to the saucepan, tossing it in the sauce. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with additional Parmesan on the side.