Learn how to cook farro (three different methods: stove, oven and slow cooker) and get more farro recipes over here.
- ½ head of cauliflower
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 2 cups cooked farro
- ¼ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese (plus more for garnish)
- Chopped fresh parsley or basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Break the cauliflower into small florets (or chop roughly). Put it on a large sheet pan along with the tomatoes and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Stir. Roast for 20 minutes. Scatter with pine nuts. Cook until pine are starting to brown, about 3 more minutes.
- Transfer cauliflower mixture to a large bowl. Add the farro and the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Stir. Season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve sprinkled with the Parmesan cheese and parsley or basil.