I haven’t given amounts here because it depends on the size of your glass. Do your best to pour the sparkling wine over the back of a spoon so that the cocktail has two layers. But if it doesn’t work (it rarely does for me) don’t worry, just drink.
- cold stout (like Guinness)
- cold sparkling wine
- Get out a tall glass. Fill it halfway with the stout.
- Hold a soup spoon bottom-side-up (so the bowl of the spoon is a hill, not a valley) and let the tip of the bowl of the spoon just touch the glass right above where the beer ends.
- Slowly pour the champagne over the back of the spoon. As you pour, glide your spoon up the glass so that it is always just above the liquid.
- You should now have a nice golden layer resting above a black layer. Or not. Either way, drink.