Easy Appetizer Recipe: Mozzarella in Puff Pastry
Note: COOK the STORY may receive a commission on purchases made through Amazon/affiliate links.
Here’s the perfect easy appetizer recipe for when you have friends or family over. It’s fresh mozzarella with sun-dried tomatoes and roasted peppers inside of flaky puff pastry. Fill the dough ahead of time and then chill them in the fridge until your company arrives, bake and eat.
Simple and delicious!
It’s that time of year when company starts coming into our house more and more frequently. Why is that? Is there something about the cool weather that makes me want to cook? Or is my holiday spirit rushing and wishing that those big dinners with friends and family will hurry up and get here already?
Whatever it is, we’ve been having friends over a lot lately. Yesterday I told you about the campfire with neighbors and the easy appetizer recipe for asparagus and parmesan that is my favorite go-to for guests. Today I want to share another easy appetizer recipe that I made for a similar campfire with different friends on a different day.
Because we were having good fun friends over I turned to my good fun bloggy friend Jane and a recipe that I saw on her blog recently:
Except I didn’t use brie because we served melty brie to these same people last time they came over.
And I didn’t turn them into pops because I forgot to buy skewers.
So they’re more like Non-Brie Non-Pops. Mozzarella puff pastry. Whatever.
This easy appetizer recipe is crazy good and incredibly easy.
Another cheesy easy appetizer recipe that you should also check out is my Bacon, Roasted Pepper, Mozzarella Dip. Sooo good!
Mozzarella in Puff Pastry
These are a great little appetizer to make for company. You can make them earlier in the day. Prepare them as instructed and put them onto the parchment on the pan and stick the whole lot into the fridge. Put them straight from the fridge into the oven 25 minutes before you want to serve them.
- 8oz ball of fresh mozzarella
- 5 tsps of chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 5 tsps of chopped roasted red peppers
- 17.3 oz package of puff pastry sheets (two sheets total), thawed
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a large pan with parchment paper (or use a silpat).
- In a small bowl combine the tomatoes and the peppers.
- Cut the mozzarella into 18 equal-sized pieces. Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 9 equal-sized pieces (make three cuts lengthwise through the sheet and then three cuts widthwise).
- Onto each rectangle of puff pastry place a piece of cheese and about 1/2 teaspoon of the tomato and pepper mixture.
- Use a pastry brush to moisten the edges of one rectangle of puff pastry lightly with water. Use your fingers to bring diagonally opposite corners together. Pinch and then bring the other two corners up and pinch them all together. Repeat the moistening and pinching with all the pieces of pastry.
- Transfer the bundles to the lined pan and place into the oven for 15 minutes. Increase the heat to 425ºF and bake for another 5-10 minutes, until the tops are golden brown.
- Let rest for a couple of minutes before not inserting sticks and serving.
They were seriously delicious, as you might have guessed just by looking at our happy Saturday Night Smiles.
6 Responses to “Easy Appetizer Recipe: Mozzarella in Puff Pastry”
- 5 Tips and 25 Recipes for a Romantic Dinner : Cook the Story
- Cherry tomato with filling: antipasti appetizer recipe for parties and celebrations | Chocolate Spoon & The Camera
- Cherry tomato with filling: appetizer recipe for parties and celebrations | Chocolate Spoon & The Camera