This “dump and go” Instant Pot dinner uses up leftover cranberry sauce to create delicious Cranberry Chipotle Pulled Chicken Tacos.
With the help of the Instant Pot, these Cranberry Chipotle Pulled Chicken Tacos are what weeknight dreams are made of. It’s tangy, sweet, with just enough heat to keep things interesting, and the chicken is ready and pull-apart tender in just 15 minutes.
What’s In The Cranberry Chipotle Sauce?
I love finding new uses for leftover cranberry sauce. This time, we’re combining it with chipotle in adobo to balance the tangy sweetness with some heat. Those two ingredients get mixed together with some salt, garlic powder, and sugar and get poured over the chicken in the instant pot.
How To Quickly Make Pulled Chicken
While you absolutely can make pulled chicken in the slow cooker, if you’re looking to speed things way up the instant pot is the way to go. It just takes 15 minutes once it comes up to pressure and results in tender chicken that is easily shredded with forks.
Assembling Your Cranberry Chipotle Pulled Chicken Tacos
I like to start with warm tortillas. You can warm them in the microwave, stovetop, or oven.
Then, it’s time to pile on toppings! My favorite combo for these is shredded cabbage, then the pulled chicken, and topped with radish, crumbled queso fresco, and chopped cilantro.
Want it fully loaded? Consider adding fresh avocado, corn, sour cream, and more. Let me know what toppings you like best with these tacos!Print
This “dump and go” Instant Pot taco dinner uses up leftover cranberry sauce and makes mealtime a breeze.
Want it loaded? Add sour cream, chopped fresh avocado, fresh corn kernels, olives, or other favorite taco toppings.
- 1 medium onion, peeled, minced
- 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (14-oz.) can jellied or whole-berry cranberry sauce, divided
- 2 Tbsp. chipotle in adobo
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 12 flour tortillas, warmed
- ¼ of a purple cabbage, finely shredded, divided
- 4 radishes, cut into matchsticks, divided
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco, divided
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, divided
- To the inner pot of the Instant Pot, add onion and chicken.
- In a small bowl stir together 1 cup of the cranberry sauce, chipotle in Adobo, salt, garlic powder, and sugar until well mixed. Pour over chicken and stir until coated.
- Cover pot, lock on the lid, and set the steam release valve to Sealing.
- Select the Meat/Stew or Pressure Cook button and set the cook time to 10 minutes.
- When the cooking cycle has finished, let stand 5 minutes, then do a quick release by moving the valve to Venting. Remove pot lid.
- Using the tines of a fork, shred chicken. Transfer chicken to a bowl; set aside. Stir in remaining cranberry sauce until well combined. Pour over chicken; toss with tongs to coat before serving.
- To assemble the tacos, place cabbage in the middle of each flat tortilla. Spoon desired amount of chicken over cabbage. Top with radish, queso fresco, and cilantro.
- Not a fan of spicy foods? Reduce the chipotle in Adobo to 1 tablespoon, or replace with 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika.
- Freeze leftover chipotle in adobo up to 6 months for future recipes.