Cornstarch Gravy is quick and a great option when you don’t have drippings or are keeping things gluten-free.
- 2 cups broth or stock
- 2 Tbsp. butter (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ¼ cup milk or dry white wine (or use more broth or stock)
- ½ tsp. poultry seasoning
- ⅛ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper (optional)
- Into a medium sauce pan measure the broth. Add the butter.
- Heat over high heat until it reaches a boil. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl combine the cornstarch and milk or wine until smooth.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into hot broth. Stir well.
- Return to medium-high heat and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the poultry seasoning, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Taste and add salt (the amount will depend on how salty your broth was, and you might not need any at all).