Cornstarch Gravy is quick and a great option when you don’t have drippings or are keeping things gluten-free.
- 2 cups broth or stock*
- 2 Tbsp. butter (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup milk or dry white wine (or use more broth or stock)
- 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper (optional)
- Into a medium sauce pan measure the broth. Add the butter, if using.
- Heat over high heat until it reaches a boil. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl combine the cornstarch and milk or wine until smooth.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into hot broth. Stir well.
- Return to medium-high heat and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the poultry seasoning, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Taste and add salt (the amount will depend on how salty your broth was, and you might not need any at all).
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!
*If you have drippings from a roast, you can make this gravy as follows. Remove all but 2 tablespoons of the fat from your drippings. Measure up to 2 cups of drippings into a sauce pan. If you have less than 2 cups, make up the rest with broth or stock. Omit the butter in the recipe since you have fat from the drippings. Then proceed with Step #2 above.