Learn how to cook farro on the stovetop. It’s such a delicious, versatile, and hearty grain. I know you’re going to love it!
- 1 and 1/2 cups farro
- 4 cups water, stock or a mixture of both
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. butter or olive oil (optional)
- Measure 1 and 1/2 cups farro into a fine mesh sieve and rinse with cold water. Drain.
- Transfer to a medium sized pot that has a lid. Add 4 cups water or stock or a combination of both and 1/4 tsp. salt. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 25-30 minutes, until it is softened but still chewy. If there is liquid remaining in the pot, drain it off or save it to add to a soup, stew or sauce.
- Use a fork to gently fluff in the butter or olive oil, if using.