An amazing way to use that big bag of collard greens from your fridge – put them in a stir fry! It’s a quick, delicious and healthy meal.
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. vegetable oil, divided
- ½ tsp. sesame oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- 10 oz. collard greens, chopped and washed
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey and soy sauce until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil and the sesame oil over medium-high heat until very hot.
- Add the chicken. Stir often until cooked through, 4 -6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil to the skillet and then add the bell pepper, garlic, and sesame seeds.
- Stir and cook until pepper is al dente, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the greens. Cook stirring continuously until wilted, 3 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and add the honey mixture. Stir to heat through. Serve garnished with the spring onion.