To make the pan sizzle when you take it to the table, make sure it’s good and hot and then squeeze some lime juice over everything. To serve the fajitas, it’s great to have a selection of your favorite toppings. I like to have the following: Sour cream, pico de gallo, guacamole, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, green onions.
- 1 lb. raw jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 and 1/4 tsp. salt, divided
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 3 bell peppers, sliced thinly
- 2 large onions, sliced thinly
- 2 Tbsp. Fajita Seasoning
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable broth or water
- 1/2 of a lime
- Season shrimp with ¼ teaspoon of the salt.
- In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Add shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes without moving them. Flip and cook the other side for 2 minutes. Remove shrimp from pan, set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to pan. Add peppers, onions, and remaining 1 teaspoon of salt. Toss to coat. Cook, undisturbed, 5 minutes or until vegetables are lightly charred on one side.
- Add fajita seasoning, toss to coat and redistribute vegetables. Cook, undisturbed, 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange tortillas on microwave-safe plate. Top with a damp paper towel and then with an inverted plate. Microwave 30 seconds at a time until heated through. Leave plate on top to keep tortillas warm until serving.
- To the vegetables, add the broth or water and stir. Add the shrimp to the pan, toss to coat them in the spices and then evenly distribute them. Cook another 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked through (they should be pink, opaque, and more curled than before).
- Remove pan from heat, squeeze lime over shrimp and vegetables. Serve immediately with warm tortillas.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!