Easiest Chocolate Pots de Crème
If you don’t like washing dishes or spending a lot of time making desserts, there are easy chocolate desserts out there for you like these Chocolate Pots de Creme. They’re rich, chocolatey and healthier because they use Greek yogurt.
My favorites desserts are easy chocolate ones like these little Chocolate Pots de Creme. It’s so easy to whip up this chocolate dessert and it only dirties a small bowl, a measuring cup, and a spatula. Better yet, the chocolate mixture is made with fat-free Greek yogurt instead of cream so your hips will be as happy as your nice dry hands.
To make these, heat milk in a large measuring cup in the microwave. When it’s hot, you add broken up chocolate pieces an stir until they melt. Then right into that same measuring cup you stir in a bit of salt and yogurt. Stir until smooth. Pour into ramekins and pop them into the fridge until they’re set.
If you’re looking for another really easy delicious chocolate dessert that uses Greek yogurt, check out this Greek Yogurt Chocolate Fruit Dip. It only has 6 ingredients that you simply mix together for a rich decadent (but healthy) dip.
Now, let’s dig into this delicious Chocolate Pots de Creme recipe!
If you don’t like washing dishes or spending a lot of time making desserts, there are easy chocolate desserts for you like these Chocolate Pots de Creme.
- 1 Divine milk chocolate (3.5 ounce bar)
- 1 Divine bittersweet chocolate (3.5 ounce bar)
- 3⁄4 cup 2% Milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp. instant espresso powder (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cup Greek Plain Nonfat Yogurt (divided)
- Use your hands to break up the two bars of chocolate into a small bowl.
- Measure the milk into a microwave-safe measuring cup. Put it in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds. Stir.
- Heat for 10 seconds at a time stirring each time until it’s steaming hot. (If it’s bubbling, let it sit for a moment. Very hot milk with chocolate can yield a grainy texture).
- Add the chocolate pieces to the milk all at once and stir it with a spatula until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the salt and espresso powder (if using). Add enough yogurt to make up 3 cups. Stir it until it is well-combined and is a consistent color throughout.
- Use the spatula to help divide the chocolate mixture equally into 6 ramekins. Cover each ramekin loosely with plastic wrap. Put them in the fridge until well set, at least 2 hours.
- To Serve: Remove the ramekins from the fridge and discard the plastic wrap. Dollop each with about a tablespoon of Greek yogurt.
Tell me, which do you enjoy more, cooking or baking? Why do you dislike one more than the other?
This post originally appeared in June, 2013 and was revised and republished in December, 2018.