This creamy, decadent Chocolate Panna Cotta starts with our Best Chocolate Sauce recipe, and offers an intensely deep, rich chocolate flavor in every bite.
Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 packet unflavored, powdered gelatin (2 and ¼ tsp.)*
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. Instant coffee
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a small glass or ceramic shallow bowl add heavy cream. Sprinkle gelatin evenly over surface of cream to bloom; set aside 3 minutes. Stir and set aside until ready to melt.
- In a medium saucepan stir together water, sugar, and syrup. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Do not boil.
- Add cocoa powder, Instant coffee, salt, and vanilla; whisk until dissolved and no lumps remain, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place gelatin mixture in microwave. Microwave 30 seconds to melt gelatin.
- While stirring, pour gelatin mixture into chocolate mixture. Continue stirring until smooth.
- Divide mixture evenly into Ramekins or glass cups. Refrigerate, covered, at least four hours or overnight. Serve cold.
*Knox unflavored powdered gelatin was used to test this recipe. For a firmer texture, use an additional ½ packet.