Serve this crispy, juicy Chicken Milanese with a simple salad for a ready-in-25-minutes meal.
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup parsley for serving
- lemon wedges for serving
- Place the chicken breasts on a work surface. Slice them in half and pound to create 4 cutlets. (See how in the post.)
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Line up three shallow bowls, cake or pie pans are perfect.
- In the first, place the flour.
- In the second, whisk together the eggs.
- In the third, combine the breadcrumbs and garlic powder.
- Start by coating both sides of a chicken breast in the flour, then dip both sides into the eggs and then into the breadcrumb mixture. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken breasts, without crowding the pan, to the heated oil. Cook for 3 -4 minutes on the first side. Flip and continue cooking on the second side for 2 – 3 minutes more minutes until golden brown.
- Repeat until all chicken is cooked.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with a simple green salad.