Learn how to make the restaurant classic Chicken Marsala at home. It’s so delicious and you won’t believe how easy it is to make.
- 2 – 6oz. skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sweet Marsala fortified wine
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Pound chicken breasts out to equal 1/4 inch thickness then cut in half (learn how to pound out chicken cutlets here).
- In a shallow bowl combine flour, garlic powder, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper. Dredge chicken in flour.
- Add vegetable oil to large skillet and heat over medium until shimmering.
- Add chicken and cook 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Add mushrooms to pan and cook, stirring occasionally until well-browned, about 4 minutes.
- Season mushrooms with 1/4 tsp. salt and then add the Marsala wine, scraping the bottom of the pan to pick up any bits. Stir until the wine is thickened to a syrup.
- To the pan, add chicken stock and simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan and heat throughout.
- Transfer chicken to plates and spoon mushrooms and sauce over top.