I always love recipes that call for cooked chicken because I know that I can use the leftovers from a previous night. But if you don’t have leftovers, rotisserie chicken or some quickly poached chicken breasts work perfectly. You need to defrost the puff pastry before making this recipe but not for as long as the package requires. Since you’re going to slice it into strips, it’s ok if it breaks on its folds as you unfold it. The puff pastry I use is folded into thirds so I break off each third and slice each one into 2 strips. If they’re still frozen and hard when you go to make your lattice, that’s fine. You can still weave them easily.
- 1 (7 oz.) package of Saffron Road Korma Simmer Sauce
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken meat
- 1 and 1/2 cups frozen green peas, defrosted
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 (1/2 lb) sheet of puff pastry, defrosted according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl combine the Saffron Road Simmer Sauce, chicken peas and cilantro. Transfer it to a 9″ pie plate.
- Cut the puff pastry into 6 (1 and 1/2 inch) strips. Lay three parallel equally spaced over the korma mixture. Lay the other three perpendicular and weave them over and under the first three.
- Bake until the korma mixture is bubbling and the pastry is browned, 30-35 minutes.