This one-pan chicken recipe has ever-healthy broccoli topped with crunchy cheddar bread crumbs. You get to indulge and feel good about it at the same time!
- 8 bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme (or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves)
- a 1 and 1/2 pound head of broccoli
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly oil a large skillet or rimmed baking dish. Arrange the chicken thighs in the skillet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Put 1/2 of a sprig of thyme on each chicken piece (or use a pinch of dried thyme leaves per piece).
- Break the florets off of the broccoli. If you’d like, peel and chop the stalks to include them also. Arrange broccoli florets and chopped peeled stalks around chicken pieces.
- In a medium bowl toss together the bread crumbs, cheddar, olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon coarse pepper.
- Arrange bread crumb mixture over the broccoli in the pan. It’s ok if some gets on the chicken but concentrate on the broccoli. Bake until chicken is cooked through to 165F on an instant read thermometer, 40-50 minutes.