This classic Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole recipe is the comfort food at its finest. Chicken, rice, vegetables, cheese, and cream of chicken soup baked until bubbly and golden.
Listen to me explain briefly about how to make this Chicken Casserole, with some great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:[sc name="leftoverturkeycasserolerotd"][/sc]
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 12 oz. frozen, mixed vegetables, defrosted
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 2 cups cooked brown rice*
- 2 + 1/2 cups condensed cream of chicken soup (about 2 cans)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- To a large bowl add the onion, vegetables, chicken, brown rice, cream of chicken soup, 1 cup of the cheese, and the butter. Mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased 9×13 casserole dish and top with the remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Pop the dish into the oven for 25 minutes, or until heated through and the cheese is bubbling and browned. Serve.
- any type of rice would work well here, and you can even use quinoa.