Cheesy rice made in the oven is really simple and hands-free. Basic instructions for making plain rice in the oven are also given. Such a cool technique!
- 1 and 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli florets
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 and 3/4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup shredded lowfat Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Combine rice, broccoli, oil, and salt in a medium oven-safe sauce pan that has a tight-fitting lid.
- Add the boiling water. Stir.
- Cover and bake until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 35 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and gently stir in cheese.