CFL BlogCon Recap
Note: COOK the STORY may receive a commission on purchases made through Amazon/affiliate links.
When we arrived at the Central Florida Bloggers Conference, Jackie of momjovi.com, Michelle of crazyrunninglegs.com and I were chattering with nerves. We had planned and practiced and knew the ins and outs of our presentation on Fitting Blogging Into Your Life. But still, the thought of standing up in that crowded room and actually *doing* the presentation was making our teeth clench and our knees wobble.
We managed to do the presentation though. I saw nodding heads and thoughtful expressions throughout. I think people even laughed when we hoped they would. All in all, it was well-received. Yay us! All our crazy hard work payed off.
We of course were not the only speakers at the Central Florida Bloggers Conference. There were many. It was a crazily full day of interesting, informative and engaging sessions.
My Top Five Bits of Info from the CFL Bloggers Conference
- Xtranormal.com makes 3D animated videos that you can put in your blog or on Youtube – from Professor Josh
- Manage Flitter will help you prune your twitter list and help you find new people to follow – from Travel Blogger
- “Make Twitter personal but don’t take it personally” – from Travel Blogger
- Fans = Friends = Loyalty = Evangelists – from Lou Mangello
- Posting actual content on Facebook, while not immediately getting people to your site, will earn you more fans which will form a great community and eventually drive more traffic your way – J’s Everyday Fashion
Not only did I learn and get inspiration from the speakers, I also learned and was inspired by the other bloggers. There were many in attendance and I can’t list them all. But those that are currently popping into my mind as engaging, inspiring, interesting and/or kind are:
I also absolutely need to thank the organizers and volunteers. Thank you to all who made this conference such a smoothly smashing success.
And finally, the sponsors! There was a fantastic swag bag full of goodies, there were cookies, massages, beverages, lunch, an after-party, a photographer. So many of the details that were taken care of by sponsors made it a special day. I even won a basket from the American Heart Association in the raffle!
Sponsor and Donor List:
The Yum Yum Cupcake Truck
Hard to believe it’s over. I feel like there’s a tiny hole where the presentation-worry used to be. Also a tiny hole because I already miss the meeting and emailing with Jackie and Michelle. On the bright side, if we get together now we’ll be able to focus on our important discussions of movies, celebrities, books and gossip without the constant reminder of, “Oh yeah. We’re supposed to be working!”
Thanks to everyone who had a hand in making CFLBlogCon so awesome. Can’t wait to see you all next year!