It’s red and green and shaped like a wreath. How perfect is this Caprese Salad appetizer for Christmas?
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened (room temperature)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- Measure the mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper into a food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Core the top out of the tomatoes. Squeeze each one gently to get out the liquid and seeds.
- Use a teaspoon to fill the tomatoes, pushing in with your fingers as needed. Wipe tomatoes clean with a wet paper towel.
- Arrange basil leaves in a ring on a dinner plate. Top with tomatoes also in a ring.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set the filling inside of the tomatoes.