Caesar Salad Spring Rolls Recipe
This Caesar Salad Spring Rolls recipe turns the classic Caesar salad into a fun finger food. They’re a perfect appetizer recipe, or you can pack them into a lunch box.
I was at a cocktail party awhile ago where Caesar salad was served on a skewer. There were lettuce leaves and croutons speared kebob-style with Caesar salad dressing on the side for dipping.
At first I thought it was brilliant. “Wow! I can walk around and eat Caesar salad on a stick!”
But when I tried to eat the Caesar salad off of the stick I wound up with more down the front of my dress than in my mouth. I unspeared the rest onto my plate and then ate it the boring way, with a fork.
Ever since then I’ve been trying to come up with an easy way to do Caesar salad as a finger food. I think I’ve found it.
This Caesar salad Spring rolls recipe!
Don’t worry, we’re not talking about anything fried here. This recipe uses the soft fresh spring roll wrappers. You can find them in the Asian section of some grocery stores or in Asian markets or click here to buy them on Amazon. They come as hard thin (usually round) sheets in a clear cellophane package.
I will tell you that working with these wrappers takes a bit of practice. Not tons of practice. But you’ll want to plan to wreck 3 or 4 before you get the hang of it. Certainly, you wouldn’t want to serve these at a big party until you’ve tried doing them for you and your sweetie on a more relaxed evening. I really love the tutorial on how to work with the spring roll wrappers over at White on Rice Couple.
Once you get the hang of these, they’re easy to make. They’re also perfect for a cocktail party or fancy lunch (think bridal shower or baby shower) because you can roll the Caesar salad into the rolls, cut them, arrange them in a single layer (so that they don’t touch each other and stick), cover and refrigerate for up to 3 hours before serving.
All of the Caesar salad ingredients can be bought ready to go or prepared the day ahead.
If you love Asian appetizer recipes like these Spring rolls, you should also check out my recipe for Asian Pulled Pork Tenderloin Sliders.
Here’s the easy, fun, healthy, Caesar salad Spring rolls recipe:
Caesar Salad Spring Rolls
These Caesar salad spring rolls are a fresh new way to serve Caesar salad.
- 8 rice paper wrappers
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 32 croutons
- 4 Tbsp. shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup Caesar salad dressing
- Have all your ingredients ready and in front of you.
- Pour 1/2 cup warm water into a large pie plate or rimmed dinner plate. Add a rice paper wrapper for about 2 seconds. It should be slightly softened but still firm since it will continue to soak up water as you work.
- Put the wrapper onto a plastic cutting board (wood is sometimes porous and can soak up some of the water that you need to moisten the wrapper). Place 1/4 cup of the romaine lettuce at one edge of the wrapper. Top with 4 croutons, 1/2 of a tablespoon of parmesan cheese, a dash of salt and pepper.
- Grip the wrapper edge that is closest to your lettuce and pull it over the lettuce and fillings, using your. You want a tight tuck and roll. Bring the sides of your wrap inwards and then continue to tuck and roll until you get to the other end.
- Repeat with the remaining wraps and filling. Serve with the Caesar salad dressing for dipping.
Disclosure: This post contains an Amazon affiliate link meaning that if you click on it and buy something I will receive a small percentage of the purchase price. All opinions are my own.
9 Responses to “Caesar Salad Spring Rolls Recipe”
- 30 Best Caesar Salad Recipes With A Twist
- #ReinventingClassics: One Bite Caesar Salad
- Needs Salt » swooning over.
- Caprese Salad Made with Mozzarella Crisps