This burger is bursting with the rich, salty and fresh flavors of Spain: Chorizo, onion, creamy Manchego cheese, olives, roasted peppers, and parsley. It’s a simple yet very flavorful twist for your next summer party.
Listen to me explain briefly about how to make these burgers, with some great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:[sc name="flamencoburgerrotd"][/sc]
- 2/3 cup chopped pitted black olives
- 1 and 1/2 cups chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 cup loosely packed flat leaf Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 lbs. ground chuck
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 8 oz. chorizo, roughly chopped
- 8 (1 oz.) slices of Manchego cheese
- 8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Pre-heat a grill for medium-high heat direct cooking.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the olives, roasted red pepper and parsley. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the ground chuck, onion soup mix, and the chorizo. Shape into 8 equal-sized 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Transfer the patties to the grill and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes, until well browned.
- Top each patty with a slice of Manchego cheese and cook until the burgers are cooked through and the cheese is melted.
- Put 1 tablespoon of the olive mixture on the bottom of each hamburger bun. Top with a burger patty, another 1 tablespoon of the olive mixture, and then with a bun top. Repeat until all burgers are made. Dig in.