With this Bacon Burger recipe, you can have breakfast for dinner or burgers for breakfast! Bacon is mixed into the patty and a sunny side egg on top brings it all together.
- 12 oz. lean ground beef
- 6 slices of par-cooked bacon, chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. coarse black pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 4 eggs
- 4 (1 oz.) slices of aged cheddar
- 4 slices of tomato
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- In a bowl combine the beef, bacon, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Form into 4 equal-sized burger patties with the same diameter as your English muffins.
- Warm a large skillet over medium heat. Add the burger patties and cook until the underside is well-browned – 4-5 minutes.
- Flip over and cook on the other side for 2 minutes. Top each patty with a slice of cheese. Cover and cook until the cheese has melted and the patties have attained the desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, warm the butter in a second skillet or griddle over medium-low heat. Carefully crack in the eggs one at at time and spaced out so that they are unattached to each other. Cook until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny – 4-6 minutes.
- Spread the mayonnaise onto the cut sides of the English muffins. Top the bottom of each English Muffin with a burger patty, followed by a slice of tomato and 1 sunny side up egg.
- Serve the English muffin tops on the side so that everyone can decide when they want to squish down and break their yolk.