Who loves BLT’s? This BLT Chicken recipe takes those classic flavors and brings them to the dinner table for a satisfying weeknight meal.
I love a good BLT for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner. That love inspired today’s recipe. Like, what if I took my favorite sandwich’s ingredients and turned them into a tasty chicken recipe?
What’s In A BLT?
First of all, in case you aren’t familiar with the American classic, a BLT is usually a sandwich with bacon, lettuce, and tomato as the star ingredients. If you want all the tips for making the Best BLT Sandwich, TheCookful has the info you need. Today, we’re taking the spirit of the sandwich but instead of putting it on bread, we’re turning it into a hot dinner with chicken.
How To Make BLT Chicken
To make the this deliciously easy dinner, put chicken thighs on a rimmed baking sheet or large oven-safe skillet. Top each with a slice of tomato and half of a piece of bacon. Then into a 425°F oven they go for about 40 minutes.
In the time that the chicken cooks through, the bacon gets crispy. And you know it’s dripping bacon-y goodness onto the tomato and chicken underneath. How perfect is that?
OK so what about the L part of the BLT? And where’s the mayo? You can’t have a BLT dinner without mayonnaise! Don’t worry, we’re getting to that.
While the chicken is cooking, chop up some lettuce. Put that on plates. Scoop some mayonnaise into a zip-top bag and cut off one little corner of the bag. Drizzle the mayo over the lettuce. Top the lettuce and mayonnaise with your bacon-y chicken when ready and dig in.
Podcast Episode About Making This Chicken Dish
Click the play button to hear me explain briefly about how to make this dish, with some great tips along the way. More podcast episodes like this are here.Print
Like my favorite sandwich but you eat it with a fork and knife.
- 8–10 skinless bone-in or boneless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 8–10 tomato slices, sliced 1/4-in. thick (about 2 tomatoes)
- 4–5 bacon slices, cut in half
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet. Put in chicken thighs. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Top each with a tomato slice and half slice of bacon.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until bacon is crisp and chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, divide lettuce between dinner plates.
- Put mayonnaise in a zip-top bag. Cut a tiny corner off of the bag. Drizzle over lettuce. Top with the cooked chicken.