Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Thanks for supporting COOKtheSTORY!
Who loves BLT’s? This BLT Chicken recipe takes those classic flavors and brings them to the dinner table.
I love a good BLT for breakfast, lunch or even dinner. That love inspired today’s recipe. Like, what if I took my favorite sandwich’s ingredients turned them into a tasty chicken recipe?
To make the this deliciously easy dinner, put chicken thighs on a rimmed baking sheet, like this. Top each with a slice of tomato and half of a piece of bacon. Then into a 425°F oven they go.
In the time that chicken cooks through, the bacon gets crispy. And you know it’s dripping bacony goodness onto the tomato and chicken underneath. How perfect is that?
OK so what about the L part of the BLT? And where’s the mayo??? You can’t have a BLT dinner without mayonnaise!
While the chicken is cooking, chop up some lettuce. Put that on plates. Scoop some mayonnaise into a zip-top bag and cut off one little corner of the bag. Drizzle the mayo over the lettuce. Top the lettuce and mayonnaise with your bacony chicken when ready and dig in.
Seriously good, right? Love it up,
Like my favorite sandwich but you eat it with a fork and knife.
- 8-10 skinless bone-in chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 8-10 tomato slices, sliced 1/4-inch thick (about 2 tomatoes)
- 4-5 bacon slices, cut in half
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet. Put in chicken thighs. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Top each with a tomato slice and half slice of bacon.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until bacon is crisp and chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, divide lettuce between dinner plates.
- Put mayonnaise in a zip-top bag. Cut a tiny corner off of the bag. Drizzle over lettuce. Top with the cooked chicken.