This blackened chicken recipe, made with a homemade seasoning mix, is super juicy with the perfect amount of spice. It’s also really versatile!
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbsp. paprika
2 Tbsp. dried thyme
2 Tbsp. dried oregano
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. Ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
1/8 to 1/4 tsp. Cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp. oil
- Heat your oven to 450°F.
- Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness.
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, thyme, oregano, garlic powder, pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle the chicken generously with the spice mixture on both sides. Gently pat the spices into the chicken to help them stick.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, working in batches if needed so you don’t crowd the pan.
- Cook the chicken for 3 minutes on each side, until the spices darken and a crust begins to form.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.