This baked ziti recipe is the real deal – it’s the Italian-American classic that you know and love and crave, crave, CRAVE! And guess what? It’s easy to make and feeds a crowd.
- 1 lb. ziti
- 6 cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (15 oz.) tub ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, divided
- Black pepper
- 8 cups tomato sauce or meat sauce, divided
- Cook the ziti according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine 2 cups of mozzarella with the ricotta, Parmesan, eggs, 1/2 cup parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the ricotta mixture in the large bowl. Stir to coat noodles. Add 2 cups of the tomato or meat sauce and stir again.
- Measure 2 cups of the tomato/meat sauce into a large casserole dish or lasagna pan. Top with half of the pasta mixture. Top the pasta with 2 cups of the tomato/meat sauce and then top the sauce with 2 cups of mozzarella cheese. Add the remaining pasta, then the remaining sauce and then the remaining cheese.
- Bake until heated through and bubbling, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley and serve.