Move over dry and bland boneless skinless chicken breasts! This recipe guarantees juicy, flavorful chicken breasts every single time.
- 4 Tbsp. Morton’s kosher salt
- 4 cups cold tap water
- 4 (6oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts*
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- In a large bowl or zipper bag, stir together the salt and water until salt is dissolved. Add the chicken breasts.
- Leave the chicken breasts in the salt water for 15-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Remove chicken from salt water and discard salt water. Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Put chicken breasts onto a baking sheet. Add oil and turn chicken to coat evenly.
- Place baking sheet into oven and bake until chicken is cooked through to 160F as read on an instant-read thermometer, 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
*If the chicken breasts are larger than 6oz. you should cut them in half as instructed in the article above. Otherwise, the chicken breasts take too long to cook through, which results in the outsides being too dry from long exposure to heat.