The little pies are a cinch to make and yet are bursting with flavor and fun.
- 2 apples, cored, peeled and cut in a ½ inch dice
- 2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ¼ cup dried blueberries
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- a 6–7 oz. store-bought or homemade unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- In a medium bowl combine apples, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and lemon juice.
- Fill four 6 ounce capacity ramekins halfway full with the apple mixture. Divide the blueberries among the ramekins followed by the butterscotch chips. Top with remaining apples. The ramekins will be well-mounded.
- Roll out the pie crust to an 11” rectangle or circle. Cut in half lengthwise and then again in half widthwise to create 4 equal pieces.
- Place one of the dough quarters onto a ramekin. Push the dough down onto the edges of the ramekin to cut it off. Use a fork to crimp all around the edges and to poke some holes in the top of the crust. Repeat with remaining dough until all four ramekins have a top crust.
- From the dough trimmings, use cookie cutters or a knife to cut shapes or letters. Brush these pieces lightly with water and affix one onto the top of each pie.
- Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and transfer the baking sheet to the oven. Bake until the crust is well-browned and the filling is hot, 23-26 minutes (or as specified by your pie crust directions).