Use your air fryer to roast sweet corn on the cob in minutes! Eat it straight off the cob or use the roasted kernels to make your favorite corn dishes.
Why Cook Corn On The Cob In The Air Fryer
The name of this kitchen appliance can be a bit misleading. At first blush, it seems like a healthy alternate cooking method to fried foods but essentially, it’s a convection oven on steroids. And that means it’s great for roasting veggies of all sorts leaving the oven available for other dishes. Or not heating up a full-sized oven. Especially helpful in the hot summer months.
How To Make Air Fryer Corn On The Cob
Make sure to trim the stalk end to fit the cob in your fryer basket. My Power Fryer XL is large enough to hold the full cob with a little stalk left on, which I think is fun for presentation. If you have a smaller air fryer, you may need to cut or break the cobs in half. I like to roast the corn with butter, however if you prefer olive oil, you could use that as well. Just coat all sides of the cob liberally.
Preheating your fryer will help to reduce the amount of cooking time as well as ensure that the corn cooks evenly. When you place the corn in the basket make sure that you don’t crowd them. You want to leave room for the air to circulate around the food so that it cooks at the same rate.
Turning the cobs every 3 to 4 minutes creates nice browning on all sides. Once they’re cooked through, add salt and pepper and serve hot or cut the roasted kernels from the cob to make corn dishes like a Mexican Corn Salad or even Spanish Corn Chowder.
More Delicious Corn On The Cob Recipes
Looking for some other ways to cook corn on the cob? Check out these recipes.
- Mexican Corn on the Cob (Elote) – Mexican street food at its best!
- Corn on the Cob with Olive Oil Parmesan and Lemon – just a little fancy.
- The Best Grilled Corn on the Cob – summer and grilled corn go hand-in-hand.
- Microwaved Corn on the Cob – steamed corn ready in 5 minutes.
Use your air fryer to roast sweet corn on the cob in minutes! Eat it right straight off the cob or use the roasted kernels to make your favorite corn dishes.
- 4 shucked cobs of corn
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat the air fryer to 400˚F. (Refer to your owner’s manual to determine the recommended amount of time to preheat. My Power Fryer XL manual recommends 2 -3 minutes to preheat.)
- Depending upon the size of your fryer, you may need to cut or break the cobs in half and/or work in batches.
- Brush the ears of corn with melted butter.
- Arrange the corn in the basket of the air fryer in a single layer with room around each cob.
- Cook for 8 – 10 minutes. Turn the corn every 3 – 4 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from the basket, sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve hot.