Air fryer chicken tacos topped with tangy vinegar slaw are a great way to switch things up for Taco Tuesday. You’ll love the bright, fresh flavor of these crispy chicken tacos.
Serve with lime wedges and hot sauce.
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
½ cup flour
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. chili powder
¼ tsp. pepper
1 Tbsp. water
7-10 dashes hot sauce (optional)
1 yellow onion
1 red bell pepper
1 cup coleslaw mix
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
12 crunchy taco shells, warmed
- Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Add the flour to a large zip-top bag. Mix in the salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- In a deep bowl, beat the eggs. Mix in the water and hot sauce, if using.
- Add the chicken pieces to the bag of seasoned flour. Close the bag and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds, until the chicken is coated with flour.
- Transfer the chicken to the bowl of egg, shaking any excess flour back into the bag.
- Use a fork to stir the chicken around, making sure all sides are coated.
- Return the chicken to the bag of flour and shake again, until well coated.
- Transfer the chicken to one half of your air fryer basket. Spray with cooking spray.
- Thinly slice the onion and bell pepper and place in the other side of the air fryer basket. Spray with cooking spray.
- Air fry at 360°F for 15-18 minutes, shaking the basket firmly every 5 minutes, or until the chicken is crisp and browned.
- While the chicken cooks, prepare the slaw: In a large mixing bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, oil, vinegar, and cilantro. Season to taste with salt. Mix well and let stand for at least 5 minutes.
- To serve, divide the peppers and onion among the taco shells. Top with a few pieces of chicken and then the slaw. Serve with lemon wedges and hot sauce.