Classic Chicken Milanese made in the air fryer is the perfect choice for a quick weeknight meal.
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Olive oil spray
- 1/4 cup parsley for serving
- Place the chicken breasts on a work surface. Slice them in half and pound to create 4 cutlets. (See how in this post.)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Line up three shallow bowls, cake or pie pans are perfect.
- In the first, place the flour.
- In the second, whisk together the eggs.
- In the third, combine the breadcrumbs and garlic powder.
- Start by coating both sides of a chicken breast in the flour, then dip both sides into the eggs, and then into the breadcrumbs. Repeat with the remaining chicken cutlets.
- Spray both sides of the chicken with olive oil spray.
- Add chicken, in batches, to the air fryer basket, without overlapping. Cook at 400°F for 7 minutes turning over halfway through the cooking time.
- Repeat until all chicken is cooked.
- Garnish with parsley.