6 Easy Champagne Cocktails from 9 Simple Ingredients
Make your New Year’s Eve (or any party) special by peppering it with easy Champagne Cocktails. I’ve come up with six champagne cocktails that together only use nine ingredients. You can get everything ready to make all of these drinks with little fuss before the party. And once the party begins, let everyone mix away.
Here are the nine simple ingredients that you’ll need to make these easy champagne cocktails:
- Frozen cranberries (get a bag or two of fresh ones and stick them in your freezer)
- Oranges (one recipe, the one I’m giving today, calls for freshly squeezed OJ, which you will use the oranges for. But if you want, tack on an extra ingredient to your grocery list and get some store-bought “Not From Concentrate” Pulp-Free OJ. It’s nearly as good and will save you a bit of time
- Orange liqueur (my favorite is Cointreau but you can also use Grand Marnier or Triple Sec)
- Grenadine (a sweet red syrup sold in most grocery stores. Mine is sold near the wine section. In our old Toronto grocery store it was sold near the bottled water where there was a selection of syrups for adding to drinks).
- Stout beer (like Guinness)
- And of course, some sparkling wine. No need to spend a truckload on fancy stuff. Nice bottles of the Italian version of Champagne, called Prosecco (around $12/bottle), or the Spanish version, called Cava (sometimes as low as $10), or even some dry bubbly from California or Australia will work. My Advice: Go now and buy a bottle of what you think you’d like to have at your party. Chill it really really well and then try it. For the cocktails you want something dry, not sweet. But it’s o.k. if it has some background fruit flavors. Most importantly, make sure that you like it. If you do, then you’ll like your cocktails too.
And here are the links to the easy champagne cocktails:
Here’s Easy Champagne Cocktail #1: Paint Your Mimosa Red
Easy Champagne Cocktail: Red Mimosa
This drink is just a little twist on the classic Mimosa. You've still got your orange and bubbly in there, but there's also some extra sweetness (and redness!) from the grenadine and a bit of puckering lemon to balance it out.
- 1/3 of a cup of dry sparkling wine
- 1/3 of a cup of fresh squeezed orange juice (or store-bought "Not From Concentrate" OJ, best to get the kind without pulp).
- 1 tbsp of grenadine
- 1 tbsp of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Pour the sparkling wine into a port glass or a small wine glass. Add the orange juice and then the grenadine and the lemon. The grenadine likes to go sailing down to the bottom of the drink making for a nice striping-sunset effect. But the result is an overly sour drink.
- Serve it with a stir stick so that people will know to stir the red sweetness up from the bottom to balance out the lemon.
I’ve started with this cocktail because it is also great for a festive brunch. You can totally serve it in the evening at your New Year’s Party but it will work just as well if you’re having friends over the next morning or anytime during the holidays.
21 Responses to “6 Easy Champagne Cocktails from 9 Simple Ingredients”
- How to Throw a Holiday Party on a Budget – Decorator Man
- Really Easy Champagne Cocktail Recipes - Cook the Story
- How to Throw a Holiday Party on a Budget – My Property Life
- Cook the Story's Best Recipes of 2012
- 25 Romantic Drinks for Valentine’s Day
- 52 Holiday Cocktails to Try This Season
- Best Champagne Punch Recipe
- Sparkling French Martini
- 25 Romantic Drinks for Valentine's Day - Wife. Mom. Geek.
- 12 New Year’s Champagne Cocktails | MyThirtySpot
- 20 Festive Champagne Cocktails Plus Champagne Recipes And More
- Mushroom, Leek and Barley Side Dish Recipe : Cook the Story
- Cook the Story's Best Recipes of 2012 : Cook the Story
- 6 Easy Champagne Cocktails, 9 Simple Ingredients: Sparkling Sangria : Cook the Story
- 6 Easy Champagne Cocktails, 9 Simple Ingredients, Today: The Barbotage : Cook the Story
- 6 Easy Champagne Cocktails, 9 Simple Ingredients, Today: Black Velvet : Cook the Story
- 6 Easy Champagne Cocktails, 9 Simple Ingredients, Today: The Poinsetta : Cook the Story
- 6 Easy Champagne Cocktails, 9 Simple Ingredients, Today: The French 75 : Cook the Story