Tequila-Marinated Steak Burritos for Beef Month
Let’s celebrate #BeefMonth and the kick-off of summer with a delicious and healthy (and did I mention delicious?) flank steak marinated in tequila and orange juice and then grilled, sliced and piled into burritos. Soooo good! This post is sponsored by the Florida Beef Council in honor of their fun summer Scratch and Win Giveaway. Beef, it’s what’s for dinner!
Memorial Day is coming up fast. Don’t you just love it? That big, hot, booze-soaked, grill-filled kick-off to summer? There’s nothing quite like getting into the summery spirit by sipping on a margarita while a nice steak sears on the grill nearby. Oh wait, you know what would be even better? If that steak had some nice margarita flavors right in it. Tequila on my steak? Yessssss.
Today’s recipe is courtesy of the Beef Checkoff and my blog post is brought to you by the Florida Beef Council. Why? Because they’re doing tons of exciting things to get us thinking about summer, and of beef, in honor of Beef Month.
For instance, they’ve put out a bunch of delicious and healthy beef recipes, like today’s Tequila-Marinated Steak Burritos. You can see videos of all of their new recipes being made over here. Or, you can go have a look at the written recipes here:
They’ve also got a really cool giveaway happening now. It’s happening over on the Florida Beef Facebook Page. It’s a fun Scratch and Win game with lots of prizes including a $1000 first prize and $500 second prize. You can play it everyday until the giveaway ends. Have fun!
About today’s recipe. It uses a nice flank steak. Have you grilled a flank steak before? Amazing, right? It’s a fairly big cut so you can let it get nice and charred on the outside before it’s done to your liking on the inside. Tons of flavor there! It’s also a lean cut so you know it’s going to be healthy.
Once you grill the flank, you slice it thinly. Oh those slices! They’re so versatile. You can pile them into a sandwich, put them on salad, toss them with pasta and sauce. They’re delicious any which way. With this particular flank, they’re more delicious than ever because before grilling you marinate the flank steak in a mixture of orange juice, tequila and honey. Those flavors really get into the beef and give it good acid and a boozy sweetness.
After grilling the flank, let it rest while you get your burrito toppings ready. They’re pretty simple. Shred some lettuce, get out some store-bought guacamole (or make your own) and chop up a tomato, a bit of onion and some jalapeno for a pico de gallo. Done! Build your burritos and eat. You’re going to love this one!
Here’s the recipe being made so you can see how easy, and how tasty, it is:
O.K., I’ve got the recipe for you below. Don’t forget to check out the Facebook giveaway and to search for #BeefMonth to see all the delicious summer recipes and ideas coming your way, just in time for Memorial Day.
Tequila-Marinated Steak Burritos
- 1 beef Flank Steak (about 1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 6 medium flour tortillas (10-inch diameter), warmed
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Guacamole, pico de gallo and shredded lettuce
- Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steak across the grain. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Place equal amounts of beef on each tortilla, leaving 1-1/2-inch border on right and left sides. Top with Toppings, as desired. Fold right and left sides of tortilla over filling. Fold bottom edge up over filling and roll up tightly.