Little Pomegranate Dessert Cups
A bite-size dessert! These little cream cheese and pomegranate dessert cups are so pretty on a holiday plate.
I love a tray of bite-size desserts during the holidays. They’re so pretty and festive. And I can always splurge and eat “just one more.”
Last week I shared these cute little Strawberry Santa Hats with you. Quick, easy and so fun! Today, sticking with that red and white theme, I have pretty little cream cheese and pomegranate cups.
This pomegranate dessert is not only pretty and tasty but it’s also really quick and easy to make.
You buy a box of frozen mini fillo shells (these are an amazing deal for under $2 for 15 cups!). You bake them for 3-4 minutes to make them extra crispy.
Then you mix together four ingredients (Only four? Yes really!): cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and a touch of orange zest. Transfer the mixture to a ziptop bag and cut off a tip (or use a piping bag).
At that point you can refrigerate the filling and the cups until you’re ready to serve them. Both will keep in the fridge for a few days so you can have them on hand and quickly fill them as you need them. I wrap the cut tip of the ziptop bag in plastic wrap to keep it from drying out.
To fill you squeeze the filling into the cups and then top each one with a few pomegranate arils. Note that you can remove the arils from a pomegranate the day before and store in an airtight container in the fridge. This is my favorite method for getting the arils out of the fruit. Or you can simply buy the arils in containers in the refrigerated part of the grocery store.
Once the filo cups are filled, you can refrigerate them and then serve them within 2 hours. But since they only take a few seconds to fill, I usually fill them right when I need them. Your friends will love watching you do it. It’s amazing how a few simple things can quickly turn into something so pretty.
And now, here ‘s my recipe for Little Pomegranate Dessert Cups:
Little Pomegranate Dessert Cups
- 30 frozen mini fillo shells
- 8 oz. cream cheese (regular or 1/3 less fat), softened
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 tsp. orange zest
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 4 oz. pomegranate arils (about 1/2 to 1 full pomegranate)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Put the frozen fillo shells on a baking sheet. Once the oven has preheated, bake them for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the oven and let them cool.
- In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, condensed milk, orange zest and vanilla.
- Transfer it to a large ziptop bag. Cut off 1/4 inch from a corner of the bag. (You can instead use a piping bag).
- Squeeze about 2 teaspoons of filling into each fillo shell. Distribute pomegranate arils over the tops of the filled shells.
Oh, and here are those adorable Strawberry Santa Hats that I mentioned earlier. Aren’t these just way too stinkin’ cute?
Have a tasty day! -Christine xo:)
8 Responses to “Little Pomegranate Dessert Cups”
- Angel Food Cake Dessert "Angel's Mess"
- 50+ Pomegranate Recipes - What Jew Wanna Eat
- Little Pomegranate Dessert Cups – Cook the Story » webindex24.ch - News aus dem Web
- 15 Must-Try Recipes for 2015 ‹ Hello Healthy