New Year’s Eve Champagne Cocktails: Sparkling Sangria
Make any party special with champagne cocktails. Here I have six different cocktails for you that together only use nine simple ingredients. Easy and fun, the perfect party!
Today I’m sharing one of my favorite champagne cocktails, a Sparkling Sangria. It’s sparkling wine with a lot of ice and a lot of fruit. It’s a refreshing drink that would be perfect to start out your New Year’s Eve. Before your guests arrive, make up a pitcher of it. Greet them at the door with the pitcher and a glass to pour into.
Then lead them to the bar and show them the ingredients and recipes for the other champagne cocktails that they can sample throughout the night!
Here are the links to all of the easy champagne cocktails:
Oh, and for another great wine cocktail, be sure to also check out my recipe for Berry Wine Cooler recipe.
Here’s one of my favorite champagne cocktails, the Sparkling Sangria:
This sangria is made in a pitcher using 1 bottle of sparkling wine per batch. Don't be tempted to make it ahead of time though (as you might a non-sparkling sangria) because you don't want all the fizz to dissipate from the drink. You're best to have all the fruit ready to go and then quickly combine it with the sparkling wine and ice as your guests arrive, and then make another batch when the first pitcher is empty.
- ice cubes
- about 40 frozen cranberries
- 1 medium orange (or 2 clementines)
- 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 bottle of sparkling wine
- Put the cranberries in a medium sized bowl and cover with hot tap water to defrost them. Once defrosted, drain them and then chop them up. If any juice accumulates on the cutting board try to save it to add to the sangria. Similarly, roughly chop the orange and the lemon also saving up any of the juices that squirt out onto your cutting board.
- Fill a 1 and 1/2 liter (50 ounce) pitcher 1/3 full of ice. Add the cranberries, orange and lemon along with any of the accumulated juice. Pour in the bubbly.
- Store in the fridge for up to 30 minutes before serving. I like to serve this sangria in Champagne flutes but you can use regular wine glasses or a martini glass.
12 Responses to “New Year’s Eve Champagne Cocktails: Sparkling Sangria”
- 6 Easy Champagne Cocktails, 9 Simple Ingredients, Today: The Barbotage
- 6 Easy Champagne Cocktails, 9 Simple Ingredients, Today: Black Velvet
- 6 Easy Champagne Cocktails, 9 Simple Ingredients, Today: The Poinsetta
- Champagne Cocktail Recipe for New Year’s Eve
- 52 Holiday Cocktails to Try This Season
- Six Easy Champagne Cocktails that use Nine Simple Ingredients
- Pomegranate Sparkling Wine Cocktail
- 6 Easy Champagne Cocktails, 9 Simple Ingredients, Today: The French 75 : Cook the Story