Hot Cheese Dip: Bacon Roasted Pepper Mozzarella Dip
Today I’m excited to share a deliciously easy appetizer recipe for a hot cheese dip with bacon, roasted peppers and green onions (Christmas colors!) AND links to 15 more delicious holiday recipes.
Something about the dazzle of decorations, the smell of cinnamon in the air (those scented pine cones are everywhere, aren’t they?) and the constant lull of memorized holiday melodies makes me spontaneously invite people over to our house.
Do you do this? You bump into someone at your kid’s karate class and as you talk about Christmas shopping, your upcoming holiday party, trimming the tree and about finding time to do it all, you make things crazier for yourself by inviting them over for drinks later tonight.
Then you hurry home and in a holiday frenzy try to find something to serve when they arrive.
This year things will be different at my house, and not because I’ve banned guests. Nope. Instead, we’ve stocked up on wine when our grocery store had a BOGO on a not-too-terrible brand. And, more importantly, I’ve bought a few long-lasting ingredients that can turn into an everyone-pleasing hot cheese dip at the drop of Santa’s hat.
This dip is made up of cubed mozzarella that you bake until it’s hot and gooey. Then you top it with pre-fried bacon (buy it pre-fried to save time and have it ready when you need it) and chopped roasted peppers (you can buy these pre-chopped too!). It goes back into the oven just to heat the topping ingredients through. Then you add some snipped green onions and serve with bread or crackers.
If you like the idea of this simple hot cheese dip, I bet you’ll also like this festive Cranberry Basil Baked Brie that only uses 4 ingredients:
And I have links to holiday recipes from some of my favorite bloggers below as well. So many holiday foods, so little time!
And now, here’s the recipe for my hot cheese dip recipe
Hot Cheese Dip: Mozzarella with Bacon & Roasted Peppers
This recipe uses items that you can have on hand so you can make it on short notice. The cheese and precooked bacon will keep in your fridge a long time. The roasted peppers in a jar in your pantry will keep for even longer. If you don't have green onion on hand, skip it or add a tablespoon of pesto to the bacon mixture. This dip must be served hot. You can microwave it for 30 seconds if people somehow don't get to it quickly enough. Serve it with slices of baguette or crackers.
- 4 strips precooked bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- 8 oz. part-skim mozzarella cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp. chopped green onion
- Put a small pie plate, gratin dish or cast iron skillet into the oven. Preheat the oven to 375ºF. While the oven preheats and the dish warms up, combine the bacon, roasted pepper, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Once the oven has preheated, remove the dish from the oven and add the cheese to it in a single layer. Return the dish to the oven and bake until the cheese has melted into one oozy puddle, about 10 minutes.
- Top the melted cheese with the bacon mixture and return it to the oven just until the bacon and peppers are heated through, 4-5 minutes. Top with the green onion and serve.
Wowzers! Check out all the tasty holiday recipes from some of my favorite bloggers:
Tomato & Ricotta Crostini from Katie’s Cucina
Roasted Leek and Onion Soup from Sweet C’s Designs
Red Pepper Manchego Stuffed Mushrooms from The Lilypad Cottage
Spicy Sriracha Deviled Eggs from White House Black Shutters
Cranberry Salsa from Bombshell Bling
Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms from Kokocooks
Cream Cheese with Garlic & Bacon filled Crescents from A Glimpse Inside
Peppermint Hot Cocoa Rice Krispie Treats from Yellow Bliss Road
Peppermint Patty Chex Mix from Lolly Jane
Brownie Stuffed Christmas Trees from It’s Always Autumn
Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies from Clean and Scentsible
Mini Candy Cane Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache from Crazy Little Projects
Black and White Cookie Brownies from Sweet Rose Studio
Oreo Truffle Reindeer Noses and Free Printable from Balancing Home
Peppermint Muddy Buddies from A Pumpkin and a Princess
34 Responses to “Hot Cheese Dip: Bacon Roasted Pepper Mozzarella Dip”
- Candy Cane Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache
- Easy Appetizer Recipe: Mozzarella in Puff Pastry
- Holiday Hot Cheese Dip
- Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Greek Yogurt
- Best Recipes of 2013
- Traditional English Potted Cheese
- Cranberry Salsa
- Amazing Ideas for New Year’s Eve | Savvy Chic Avenue
- Easy Appetizers for a Crowd: Tart Apple with Crispy Prosciutto
- 15 New Year's Eve Food Ideas - Crazy Little Projects
- Oreo Truffle Reindeer Noses & Printable
- peppermint pattie chex mix
- Red Pepper Manchego Stuffed Mushrooms and Amazing Giveaway! - The Lilypad Cottage
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies and Giveaway - Clean and Scentsible
- Peppermint Hot Cocoa Rice Krispie Treats and a GIVEAWAY!! - Yellow Bliss Road