Cheesy Rice with Broccoli Made in the Oven
This cheesy rice recipe is made in one pot in the oven so it’s really simple and very hands-free. Oh, and it’s delicious and healthy too. Hard to find anything wrong with that picture!
Last week I told you about the Produce for Kids cookbook that I did the photography for. In that book, there’s a recipe of mine for Homemade Shake and Bake, which I shared as well. There is also a really nifty little recipe for Cheesy Rice with Broccoli. That’s what I’m giving you today.
I adore this recipe. It’s done in one pot in the oven. So it’s pretty hands-free. And yet, super-delicious. My whole family loves it. We love how it tastes, and I love how easy it is. I also love that it’s healthy comfort food. You can never go wrong with that.
If you’re looking for more classic recipes done healthily, you should check out the Produce for Kids cookbook Health Family Classics. It’s full of delicious recipes that are Registered Dietitian- Approved. And since I photographed most of the recipes in the book, I had to cook them, and eat them all too. I can tell you, the PFK peeps sure know how to cook!
Here’s my easy cheesy rice recipe. Have a great day!
Cheesy Rice with Broccoli in the Oven
- 1 and 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli florets
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 and 3/4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup shredded lowfat Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Combine rice, broccoli, oil and salt in a medium oven-safe sauce pan that has a tight-fitting lid. Add the boiling water. Stir.
- Cover and bake until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 35 minutes. Fluff with a fork and gently stir in cheese.