The Best Chili Recipe: Tasty, Easy and QUICK!
Hiya Chili Lover! Today I’m sharing the best chili recipe with you. It’s the best because it’s tasty, easy and super-quick. This homemade chili recipe tastes like it’s been simmering all day but only takes 10 minutes to make. Intrigued? Read on to find out about the secret ingredient at work in this easy chili recipe.
Chili is an ultimate comfort foods. I turn to it in late winter because it’s warming, simple and healthy.
What I don’t love about chili is that it takes a long time to cook. Good chili simmers on the stovetop for hours. It’s worth it, but I don’t usually have the time.
I came up with this quick chili recipe because I wanted all the comfort of homemade chili without having to wait all day.
The secret to this recipe is a simple jar of salsa. You can use hot or mild, whatever you want. When you add a jar of salsa to a mixture of diced tomatoes, kidney beans, chili powder and seasonings something magical happens. All the slow-simmered flavors in the salsa fuse with the other ingredients and make it seem like the whole pot’s been simmering all day.
While the diced tomato and salsa mixture is heating, you’re cooking some ground beef or ground chicken, making sure to crumble it well as it cooks. Add the meat to the tomatoes and you’re done. 14 minutes, start to finish.
Oh, and if you’ve got leftover chili, my recipe for chili enchiladas is a great way to use it up.
Now for the best chili recipe you’ll ever eat!
Easy Homemade Chili Recipe
This homemade chili recipe tastes like it's been simmering all day even though it only takes 10 minutes to make. The secret ingredient is a jar of salsa that brings a slow-cooked flavor to the whole pot.
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs. ground meat (chicken or beef)
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder, divided
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups salsa (that's a 16 oz. jar full)
- 1-28oz can diced tomatoes
- 2-15oz cans reduced-sodium kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Warm the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground meat, garlic powder, 1 tablespoon of the chili powder and the salt. Stir often to crumble up the meat until cooked through, 5-7 minutes.
- While the meat cooks, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon of chili powder, the salsa, diced tomatoes and kidney beans in a Dutch oven or soup pot set on the stove over medium-high heat. Cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through and bubbling, 6-8 minutes.
- Add the cooked crumbled meat to the tomatoes. Stir. Serve.
11 Responses to “The Best Chili Recipe: Tasty, Easy and QUICK!”
- Chili Con Carne - Cook the Story
- Pecan Shortbread Crusted Ice Cream Balls With Maple Drizzle
- 7 easy meals you can make in 7 minutes (or less!) | ValoreBooks Blog
- 7 easy meals you can make in 7 minutes (or less!) | ValoreBooks.com
- 15 Healthy 15 Minute Dinners
- Chili Enchiladas
- One Pot Meals | Spoonful of FlavorSpoonful of Flavor
- Chili-Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Made Lighter with Chili